Former St Simon’s History

St. Simon’s church was started in 1884 as a mission of St James Cathedral by The Rev’d Canon DuMoulin, to serve Church of England people in the North-east part of the City. For four years a small group of parishioners worshiped at the funerary chapel of St James-the-Less in St James Cemetery.

To learn more, click here to download a PDF of the St Simon’s history.